Tuesday, January 23, 2018

tempo 300s

Cloudy and 42º with a light wind at the wet Sewanee track.  It had been a while since I did a tempo workout so I got through a brief one today.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m, 100m  w/ 2 min rest  - 47, 48, 51, 15
Not as fast as this same workout where I averaged 48 last time.  My last 300 rep was a bit slower this time, and I finished with a 100m.  Maybe some fatigue from the speed workout on Sunday and weights yesterday.   Feet were a bit better today than after the speed workout on Sun.

If I feel like it, I may go out and run a split 400 or a 300 event run tomorrow.  Other wise, I'd be taking Wed and Thurs off.   My feet are ok, hip a bit sore but in ok shape.  I race on Sunday so I can do a light workout Fri, but I'm a bit reluctant to take 2 days off in a row this week.  145.5 lbs after workout.

I really hope I don't get lane one in this meet.  It cost me $54 to enter ... which is crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment