Monday, January 1, 2018

News Years Day 2018

Very cold but sunny, 16º with a windchill of about 5º on the Sewanee track.  This was a very important workout, first time on the track in a week due to foot issues.  The news is good.  Feet were ok, not a particularly fast or hard workout but the left foot plantar issue was much improved and the more recent right foot issue was certainly tolerable.  I think this was due to a needed break, the hot tub treatments since I've been home, and a small dose of Meloxicam (NSAID) the night before and morning of.  

I warmed up at the indoor track before I hit the outdoor track.  It could have been worse if there was no sun or snowing.  Nevertheless, this probably will be the coldest workout of the season.  Next time out it might be close to 30º on Wed. Wanting to get back into the every other day regime, I just did 1100m today.

Hoka trainers on  
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
600m - 1:44 
'split 500' - 400m - 63 / 1 min rest / 100m - 15.5

This is the first time I've trained without the left foot plantar taped and it felt fine.  I'm happy to be back on the track although the right foot still hurts a bit, but no more than usual.  Much improved since the injury in FL a week ago.   Except for that injury, no serious holiday damage.  I'm about the same weight as when I left.  145.8 lbs after workout.  






No comments:

Post a Comment