Monday, January 15, 2018

300m tempo

Good day to train, 41º and mostly sunny with a light breeze in Sewanee.  T-shirt weather.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47, 48, 49 
150m (100m turn/50m straight) - 20
I was definitely sore in the glutes from last nights weight workout.  I added 2 sets of single leg squats with 70 lbs to my usual regime and I felt it today.

My feet were hurting after the warmup lap but felt better after the stretches and drills.  The 300s went pretty well, about as fast as I did the same set in '15, and '16, but I wish I could have done more.  In '15, I did 2 sets of 3x3s.  The limiting factor is my feet.  There were already hurting when I did my last 150m, which felt rather choppy and stiff, run into the wind.  I taped my left foot but I really don't think it did squat.

My weight is finally under control.  144.7 lbs after workout.

Schedule
Just for the hell of it, I requested entry to the big meet at Vanderbilt this weekend, hoping to save myself some driving time to Birmingham, but was promptly denied by Coach Keith.

Emory's Sunday meet at the Crossplex is a meet that traditionally hosts a lot of masters.  It will be interesting to see who shows, although I'll be running in the Samford meet on Sat.  Last year I ran 56.66 at this meet, so that might be a realistic goal.

I thought about racing on 1/27 at the Crossplex again, but I'll probably take that weekend off, maybe take 2 or 3 days off from the track to give my feet a break, then Millrose, then the last chance on a fast indoor track before Nationals on 2/11 at the GA meet.  Then almost 5 weeks before nationals and in that time, just 2 meets: Sewanee on that miserable 160m flat track on 2/17, then 2 weeks later at Berry outdoors 3/3.     That should be enough to get ready for Nationals.  That's 5 meets plus Millrose, one more than last year and 2 more including Millrose.  This yr., Nationals are about a full month later, and I'll really miss that track in Albuquerque we had for the past 2 yrs.

Bad weather tomorrow with cold and snow expected.  I'll be back on the track in Murfreesboro on Wed, and probably Thurs.



No comments:

Post a Comment