Tuesday, January 2, 2018

photo and meet schedule

I've not committed to a full season schedule, but I did register to run the 400m only at the Vanderbilt Commodore Invitational Sat. Jan 13.   It will be not only a test of my 400m fitness, but a test to see how well my feet will hold up to the stress of racing.

Oddly, I was able to go through the registration process with no permission code required for the Vandy meet.  It's possible that all 3 of the Vandy meets are set up this way.  I've seen it before that this happens sometimes by mistake, they set the registration up online without the filter of a coach's permission code, then they change it closer to the meet.  Not sure what is going on here.  Maybe my registration didn't get flagged because I entered under a team name:  "USA Masters" ... instead of as 'unattached.'

Last Aug., my old friend and former student Jon stopped by on what was my last workout of the season.  He's a pro photographer and he got this detailed B/W photo of me settling in the blocks.  Looks like I was rocking back and forth just before blasting off on an event run from the 400m start.

Here it is in full resolution.  Click on photo to see full image.
August 8, 2017.  Sewanee Coughlin Track, University of the South




No comments:

Post a Comment