Saturday, February 27, 2016

quick n crisp

Low volume / high speed today at the Sewanee track, as the weather is beautiful.  54º and sunny.   I am finally getting over the cold and feeling better after a short empowering workout.

Planning on 4 consecutive track days to take advantage of this weather, so I'm keeping it light and haven't yet spiked up.
Saucony trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m with 8 min rest - 41.5, 42.5 
200m - 26.25
I'm surprised I ran this fast today, didn't expect to go under 42 with training shoes and a slight head wind on the home stretch in these 300s (straight-curve-straight).  The first one was about 57 pace. They weren't exactly intended to be 'event runs' as I set my timer for 14 sec even splits or 42.  I try for 13-13-14 splits in event runs.   My final 200m felt strong with good turnover the whole way.

143 lbs after workout.

Going back tomorrow. Maybe do a last 4x200 tempo workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment