Friday, February 5, 2016

gettin' it done, tempo volume take 2

Same workout as Wed. but in Sewanee.  45º and sunny with a light breeze, T-shirt weather.  Definitely some suffering.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47.5, 49, 51, 52 
4 x 200m w/1 min rest - 29.5, 31, 32, 31
It was hard.  Seemed even harder than last time.  Did a brief weight workout last night, haven't eaten much today, so I felt really out of gas by the last 200m.   Next opportunity to train Sunday and I'll be looking for a venue in Atlanta.   Probably try Marist School per Don's suggestion.

Inventory
142.6 after workout.  Foot feels fine.  Strange pain in my elbow, but it's going away.

Nationals
Regular registration has closed for USATF Indoor Nationals.  I registered for all the sprints.  I think I have a chance to medal in all events.  The 400m has the usual suspects, Ben, Ian, James... so it won't be easy.  Registration is on going for a week or so, you never know who may pop in.




No comments:

Post a Comment