Friday, February 26, 2016

Eat-sleep-sprint-repeat

Back on the track after 2 days of bad weather and illness.  Still fighting off a cold, have been for a while now.  The weather looks good for final training before Nationals.  Available days Sat-Mon and Wed are all expected to be clear and not too cold.   Since I'll be doing some consecutive days on the track, I'll be keeping the volume down and replacing the tempo workouts with speed.

Mid 40s and sunny today, light cross breeze.
Saucony trainers on  
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47.5, 48.5, 51, 52
Be back out tomorrow, probably in spikes for some speed.  Drinking a lot of juice and vitamins.  Will do some prehab tonight.

In general, have been doing more tempo than speed this season.   I think it helps my consistency as my last 3 400s have all been 55.9.

No comments:

Post a Comment