Sunday, May 31, 2015

very short and fast

Workout was cut short today at the Dean Hayes track.   73º, maximum humidity with a light rain falling, I became intimidated by close lightning and left the track.  However, I did spike up and run fast, for the first time in a while.
700m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
2 x 50m striders 
2 x 50m out of blocks on the turn 
300m event run - 40.5
The 300m was near race speed 95%, about a 56 - 57 pace.   Probably closer to 56 because I had plenty left in the tank.  I wasn't very tired afterward.   No sign of the injury, just the usual sore ankle, which got better.  Coming out of the blocks felt fine although I was there such a brief, I didn't really push it to 100%.   Still cautious.   An injury now could possibly be season ending, (although it wasn't in '12 when I had the ham on June 7).

Probably do weights tomorrow, track on Tues, Thurs, and maybe something light on Friday evening in Sewanee.   Signed up to run the 400/200 on Sat. in AL.



 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds encouraging ......GROWING STRONGER.....GROWING IN CONFIDENCE.....

    ReplyDelete