Friday, May 8, 2015

quality foundation

To avoid the heat of the day, I arrived at the Dean Hayes Track at 6:15 am, just after sunrise.   It was 60º when I got there but up to 70º an hour later.   Doesn't look like much on paper but this workout was tough and left me shaky.  Hard to stay in good running shape with 3 days off in between workouts and no real speed yet.
Saucony Triumph trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 600m - 1:42.5, 1:48 
2 x 400m - 64, 62.5
I thought I'd do 'a bunch of 600s' today..... yea right.   I was ready to quit after the first one.  I need to find a spine if I hope to get back in 400m shape.  Even though I took generous recovery in between these, they still kicked my ass.   Maybe because I didn't sleep enough last night, woke up at 4, had weird dreams, been eating poorly, and not enough food.  Mostly because I just haven't been on the track that much.  I will say the injury is pretty much gone, although i didn't push it except a little on the last 400m.   Felt fine though.

Ran into a Kenyan 5k guy, he said he was going for a 40 min run before his workout... which he said would be 20 x 400m at about 66.  Geeez...  20.  I was amazed at how long his lower leg was compared with mine.  Now that is a workout.

Even though I'm very light, I don't feel in great shape.  But, it's better to be light than heavy.  142.4 lbs after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment