Sunday, May 24, 2015

400s+

Perfect spring evening at Sewanee, 70º and as usual, had the place to myself.   Rarely do I ever quit in a series of tempo intervals but I did last night.   Quitters never win.  Doing my usual 4x400 workout with 2 min rest and I bailed halfway through my 4th 400m, since I was dragging so much.   I rested and later did a much faster 400m.
Saucony Triumph trainers on 
3 x 400m, 200m with 2 min rest - 68, 69, 75, 37 
400m - 62 
100m, 50m - striders to 90%
I'd been taking 2 days rest in between track workouts and that has been good for my injury, but has left me in substandard 400m shape.   I'm doubting that I'll be in sub 56 400m shape in 2 weeks, especially having done no serious short speed work.

At least I left the workout feeling strong and healthy.  My last short sprints were a test to the injury and it feels fine.  I'm going to keep on the track-weights-rest schedule next 3 days.  Next week is super busy with guitar fest with Wed-Sat packed all day and evenings.  Only my early mornings are free.  Would much prefer evening workouts but I'll do what I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment