Friday, November 29, 2013

same, different day

Same workout but in KY, at the KCD School.   Still feel the hip issue but it's getting better... slowly.   I expect I'll be ready to step it up on Sunday.

I have until Tues. to make a commitment to run in Birmingham on 12/6... and holy shit, it is expensive.  $45 for unattached athletes.  Except for the Nationals, and SE Masters, I've never paid this much to enter a meet.  Pretty ridiculous.   But, it's probably the best 200m track in the SE.  It's a Friday evening meet and I can drive there in 2 1/2 hrs from Sewanee.  Maybe it's crazy to drive 5 hrs when I could run at MTSU the next day if coach Hayes lets me in.  If he doesn't, then I'm S.O.L. for the whole month.   Now I'm thinking I should save the $ and run at MTSU (and get smoked).   It would save me a hundred bucks and gas.

Today went better than last time.

Saucony Virrata trainers on
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 400m with 2 min rest - 69, 69, 72, 78 

Watching my diet, had a modest no carb Thanksgiving, just turkey breast and salad.  First time I've eaten turkey in more than 20 yrs.


2 comments:

  1. Vanderbilt has a very good 300m Mondo that will produce fast times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting in there may be an issue.

    ReplyDelete