Sunday, November 10, 2013

long sprints in Sewanee

After 2 days off and some partying last night, todays workout felt really hard and draining.  Picture perfect fall weather and warmer than predicted... low 60ºs at the track with bright sunshine.  67º on the bluff as I write this.  Quiet on the track at first around noon, then a flag football game ensued during my workout.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
2 x 500m - 80, 83 
2 x 400 - 63, 65 
300m - 45.5
It was a bitch.  Even with several minutes rest in between, my heart rate stayed high - about 124, even after my breathing returned to normal. Don't know why. My resting pulse is about 60-64 right now. Maybe I'm losing my foundation and need more quantity, like 600s, 800s. I definitely need weights. Maybe tomorrow. No, definitely tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. don't over analyze, it is supposed to be off season, work on foundation fitness and relax..

    ReplyDelete