Thursday, November 7, 2013

the usual tempo 400s +

Cool and blustery at the Dean Hayes track at 9am Thurs... sunny and 46º, windy.   Track wet from previous days rain.  Was a slightly sore from the speed workout on Tues.  Post collegiate 800m runner, John W.  joined me for a few runs.  This was the same workout I did Sunday, but not quite as fast.  Track was wet so I ran in spikes.

500m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
4 x 400m w/ 2min rest - 69, 70, 73, 73 
300m  - 44 
200m - 27.5
John W. is a 26 yr old grad who still races unattached.  I see him at college meets quite a bit.  We compare notes on 'getting in to meets' as unattached.  He has good 200m speed and stayed with me in the 200 and 300.

Been binging on Kind Bars... so weight is up a bit.  142.2 after workout.  Can't believe how good these are, high in fat and calories (13g / 190 cal.).  But they are low carb and gluten free.  They're expensive, but I just found a copycat recipe ... look out.  Also looking at baking panforte this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment