Sunday, November 3, 2013

tempo 400s and then some

Suffering in KY .... at the hard pan "Monaco-Walker Track" at Kentucky Country Day School in Louisville, this Sunday morning.  Bright and sunny low 50sº.  

It was a bitchin' workout.  
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills  
4 x 400m w/ 2 min rest between - 67, 69, 73, 75 
300m - 43.5 
200m - 27.5
I didn't need to do those last two sprints at near 400m race pace, but my companion Roya wanted to run the last 100m of each with me.  I am truly astounded by her speed. she stayed with me with only a minor head start and I was running at least a 15 sec 100m pace if not faster.  Completely untrained, no substantial warmup or stretching, probably running on her heals.   I really think she has the potential to be an elite masters sprinter, if only she would train or take it seriously.  


Roya - sprinter to be?
Me, I'm just an 'also-ran'... trying to get fast enough to not finish dead last in the upcoming college season.

And then we went mountain biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment