Saturday, November 23, 2013

Back on the track

Cold day in Sewanee, finally getting up to around 40º at noon with the sun breaking through and breezy.   Really tough to leave my comfort zone this cold day to dress for the track.   But good t-shirt weather for the track once warmed up.

The hip felt better, not 100% but good to go for a tempo endurance workout.  My calves were very sore from Thursdays stair session, so I busied myself in the morning with a carpentry project while I waited for the lactic acid to subside.   Still sore by workout time.

A little heavier and slower today.  It was a bitch.

 Saucony Virrata trainers on
550m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 500m w/ 2 min rest - 89, 95, 99, 99+ 
60m striders on grass

Probably too fast on the first one, speed dropped off considerably.   Suffered.  Wanted to do more ... but I didn't want to push it.  Should be back to 100% in a few workouts.

A freezing weekend coming up,  Should be pretty cold next 2 days.   I may go back to running 4 x 400s since I can run significantly faster, and somehow, they seem harder than than 500s for tempo endurance.  







No comments:

Post a Comment