Monday, November 25, 2013

Bustin' it

Still not 100% and not feeling terrifically fit, but was back on the track today for a bitchin' tempo endurance workout.   Conditions were raw, but I've seen worse.  About 35º, cloudy, dank, windy, windchill below freezing.   I got warmed up, set my timer, and stripped to my t-shirt and shorts.  My training shoes are wearing so unevenly, it's beginning to feel weird to walk in them.  They're about a half inch lower on the outside.  So, I donned the spikes.  Plus, I wanted to run faster than the past workout.  I did, marginally.
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
5 x 400m w/ 2 min rest - 68, 69, 75, 80, 81
By the 4th rep, my rest periods seemed impossibly short.  Still breathin' hard before the last 2.   I was going to do 4 but said what the hell, and did 5.

Still not ready for speed but will be soon.   Don't know when I'm going to be able to workout again, I may try for Wed morning but my holiday schedule is very tight.  My soreness on the stair workout tells me I need to do more of it.  My right calf is still sore after 4 days.   My hip is better but not 100%.  Watching my diet this week in anticipation of a feast.  Eating very light.   141.8 lbs after workout and hope to be below 140 before Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment