Tuesday, November 5, 2013

speed

At noon at the Dean Hayes track, it was a mild 68º, breezy and partly cloudy.   I did everything today fast in spikes... at or above 400m race pace.   It was pretty hard but not as painful as the tempo endurance stuff.
800m warmup, stretches, drills
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
4 x 200m - 26, 26, 26, 26.5
2 x 100m - 13.5, 13
Been on the track on an every-other-day schedule.  Thinking I might do some resistance tomorrow.

College meets seem to be tightening up entrants so it may be more difficult to get into meets this season.  We'll see.  Vandy has a Tues. evening meet on 12/3.   Be interested to see if I can get in.  It's easy to exclude people in Direct Athletics on line entry.   If it says 'college only' then I'm s.o.l. unless I can get a coaches permission, which is a hassle.

140.6 lbs after workout.  Amazingly light considering this was like a holiday weekend... dessert before dinner 3 days in a row.  I sampled Louisville's Homemade Pie and Ice cream Kitchen's pies... apple, cherry and blueberry ... with their amazing coconut almond chocolate chunk ice cream.  I could live on it.  Even had some movie popcorn.   But I did have a killer workout this weekend and stayed active with hiking, and biking.


No comments:

Post a Comment