Wednesday, September 11, 2013

speed and form

Low 70sº and sunny at 7am in the 'Boro.  Glad to be back on the Dean Hayes track for some speed work.   To protect my ankle, I sprinted in training shoes today, everything at 90-95% effort with recovery.
Saucony trainers on 
800m warmup, stretches, drills 
200m - 26.5 
150m - 19.5 
4 x 100m - 13 to 13.5
My form needs work.... so today I worked on form, acceleration, and turnover.   Doesn't look like much, but the 6 sprints at 90%+ effort was a good hard workout.   My ankle is still an issue so probably better that I do less quantity.

Since I need speed work, I may look at the next meet on Saturday as a workout and run all the sprints.   They are are scheduled an hour apart from short to long.  If I had some balls I'd run the 800 too, but... don't think so, it's scheduled before the 400.  100/200/400 triple will be enough.   It's just a hand timed seniors meet... but I've heard it's a good track.

Getting my weight back under control.   141.2 after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment