Friday, September 27, 2013

pre race day

Last race of my short season tomorrow.  Got to the Dean Hayes track today on a perfectly sunny cool morning, upper 50sº at 7:30am.

Just wanted to loosen up and do a light workout and some blocks.  Everything felt fine.

1300m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
300m - 44   negative splits (16/14/14) 
6 x 50m from blocks 
100m from blocks - 13
 I should be OK for the 100m tomorrow.  Just need to get a good start, good arm action,  stay loose, and and not strain.   Sometimes trying too hard can result in more strain, slower time and injury.

I'll also run the 400m.

After this race, I'll probably take at least 3-4 days off from the track.   I'd like to stay in shape so I can train once in a while with the MTSU guys, but I'm rarely free to do that because of my schedule.  They've been doing pretty tough workouts.  Yesterday they did 8 x 300m.  The little free time I have will be devoted to a construction project I hope to begin in Sewanee in Oct., and a hiking trip to Fontana in the GSMNP.  I think I'll continue to train but do more lifting and have 2 days rest between track workouts.   By Nov., I'll probably be back to what I have been doing.

I've got a fun weekend ahead in Sewanee ... and I can eat anything for the first time in a while.  Think I'll make an apple crisp.

Weight is good: 140.2 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment