Wednesday, September 25, 2013

good speed

Did a light speed workout at the Dean Hayes track this morning, it was 66º at 7:30am with occasional light rain.  Everything felt great.  No strains or soreness even when pushing to full speed.  I feel confident enough to run the 100m on Sat.  If I survive it, I'll run the 400m too.
900m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
3 x 150m - all at ~ 19 
300m - 42
I didn't want to repeat my experience of soreness and strain I experienced after my speed workout 2 weeks ago, so I quit while I was ahead.  On the 150s, I really tested myself.... accelerated to full speed and held it for more than 50m.   The 300m I ran in even 14/100m splits.

I've been a bit neglectful of my resistance work and I'll do a maintenance set today for ads, quads, and hams.  Friday, a light technical workout and Saturday... my short 'season' wraps up.

Weight is nominal at 141.4 lbs.



No comments:

Post a Comment