Monday, September 9, 2013

A track is a track

Returned to the track this morning in KY at the closest local high school track I could find: the "Monaco-Walker Track" at Kentucky Country Day School.  Sounds impressive, but very much like the track I raced on yesterday, black and hard.   My foot/ankle wasn't feeling real good about it but I got it done, some tempo endurance suffering.  It was in the low 70's, foggy, humid at 7am.
SauconyVirrata trainers on 
500m warmup, stretches, drills 
5 x 400m - 68, 69, 75, 74, 73  - 2 min rest between (except for the last 400, 4 min rest)
If I hadn't taken a little more rest between #4 and 5, I'd have been jogging the last one flat footed about 85+.

Still heavy.  143.4 after workout.   Guess I thought I could go back to eating bread without gaining weight.  Wrong!

Hope to be back Wed. if the hand surgery tomorrow isn't too painful.  It'll sure be nice to be back on MTSU's nice new track after running on these hardpan HS tracks.... but when it comes to making myself suffer... a track is a track.



No comments:

Post a Comment