Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pre-race day

The comeback edition. 

Beautiful night at the Dean Hayes Track, full moon, 76º at 9pm.  Just wanted to run a little, warm up and start from blocks.

I did 2 race pace 200s, aimed for 26.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
900m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 80m striders on grass  
Nike Superfly R3 spikes on 
3 starts from blocks on the curve 
2 x 200m from blocks (400m race pace) - 26.5, 26
2 starts from blocks on the curve 
The second one was harder.  The first one was easy.  If I could follow a 26.5 with a 28.5, that would be a way to a 55 sec 400m.

Hand-timed meet in Chattanooga tomorrow night.  It's supposed to be hot, 90º during the day.  Hope I'll see some competition and it's not just me and my friend Bill M.   I think I should be at least in the 57s if I run a smart race and don't rig up.

I feel ok.  142 lbs after workout.  I should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment