Friday, August 16, 2013

even more 300s

A nice, mostly cloudy 66º at the Dean Hayes track this morning at 5:50 am.   A little humid and the track was wet, but not a bad day.   My student Brad came out to join me again for some 300s.

I was a lb heavier today so I one upped the workout from last time.
        Saucony Virrata trainers on 
        500m warmup, stretches, drills 
        7 x 300m - 51-54 with 2 min rest
I was only going to do 6, and I ran my 6th like it were my last one, in 51.   But, as we were walking, my timer beeped the 30 sec warning that my 2 min rest was about to expire and I said to Brad jokingly, here we go again, he said ok ... so off we went.  I was still breathing hard when we started #7.   I still made it in 54 ... but it hurt.

I know it's still early in the season, but I feel like I should be running faster.   Not sure what my Sunday morning workout should be.   Maybe some negative split 400s with recovery?  Some fast 500s?  We'll see.

Inventory:
Achy ankle is the same, weight: 143.4 after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment