Sunday, August 25, 2013

500s

Back on the track at St. Andrews Sewanee this beautiful morning, 64º with clear skies and breezy at sunrise.

Surprisingly, I am still quite sore from my races 2 1/2 days ago, sore in the haunches, like I had been doing plyos or something.  Also, I have a sore throat.  When I hit the track, I did not feel like working hard, nevertheless, I did.

I did my usual 4 x 500m workout but this time, instead of the customary 6-10 min of rest in between, I did it as a tempo endurance workout with strict 3 min rest.  So that, combined with my soreness and the slow hard track, made this a hard one, harder than these slower times would indicate.   At the start of my last 500m, my heart rate was still over 130.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
500m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 500m - 89, 91, 93, 95 (3 min rest)

Yesterday, I did some hiking and a one-set resistance workout including some single leg squats.   I need  to focus on strength training, event runs, speed endurance, and keep doing these tempo endurance workouts.   Not sure what the next 'pain du jour' will be.

Been disciplined with my diet.  141.4 lbs after workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment