Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ladder down speed workout

St. Andrews track in Sewanee was 69º, cloudy with the occasional Sewanee 'mizzle'.   I spiked up today with my Nike Superflys to do a fast ladder down with recovery.

800m warmup, stretches, drills 
Nike R3 Superfly spikes on 
500m - 78 
400 - 60 (28/32) 
300 - 44 
200 - 27

The first 2 were hard but the 300m was not exhausting, and I had enough left to sprint a good 200m.   Overall, these sprints were done at about 90% effort.

Tuesday evening I will do some brief speed work and some block starts.   A good warmup and maybe an event run.

I ate a lot this weekend, so I'm probably a bit heavier but the good news is my ankle felt good today.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill,

    I'm new to Masters Track and Field, and I'm absolutely enjoying your blog. I've gone back to 2011 to "join your journey". I hope to learn more and compete soon. Any training / conditioning tips for a newbie just starting out.

    ReplyDelete