Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday night track

Same as last time ... 500s.

Mid 70'sº at sunset on the Dean Hayes track.  3 days since my last workout on Friday morning ... giving the ankle a rest.   These 4 x 500m workouts are a bitch.   Every bit as hard as the 5 x 800s, since they are truly sprints.   I am working multiple systems here, strength, endurance and speed.   A good all purpose workout.   Unlike the 800s, I can definitely feel it in my hams and calves, they are all on my toes.

Coming off a weekend of socializing, I certainly didn't lose any weight... but I fortunately didn't gain much.   I did this workout about the same speed as my previous.   It was 10º warmer and I did it all in flats.  On my first 500, the 400m split was about 66.  The others were 68-71.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 500m - 84, 88, 89, 88 

At some point I need to start pushing some 300s at 45 sec and less... and some 200s at 28.  Maybe next week or at the end of this week.  Also some negative split 400s under 64.  Maybe try a ladder down to maintain speed.  2 weeks from tonight might be a good time for an event run test.

I really shouldn't be taking this 'mini-season' so seriously, but I would like to give it a good shot, and that means, getting down to race weight.

Inventory:
Ankle sore as usual but better than last time when I pushed it to the limit with spikes on.

weight: 145.2 after workout



No comments:

Post a Comment