Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rowing and stationary bike

I love working out in Sewanee on Saturday evening.  Very relaxed atmosphere, probably only a dozen people at the entire facility.   Pretty women on the cardio machines and kids playing basketball to watch as I row.  Another PR in the 2000m rower.   Wanted to break 8 but gave up near the end and it cost me 1 or 2 seconds.  I pushed my heart rate to about 164.
160m warmup jog, dynamic stretches 
Concept 2 rower  
2000m - 8:04 (pr) - 35 spm  
20 min stationary bike interval workout 
resistance
My foot feels fine except for some pain when I was doing leg swings while the foot was planted.  Have an appointment on Fri for more xrays - that will be the 10 week mark since the injury.   I remember the Dr saying it would be 12-16 weeks to heal.    I want to ask him if I could expect it to heal while I train lightly, like running once a week on grass.  Thinking about getting a second opinion.  I really feel I could be running stairs in a few weeks.  Very low impact.

Was looking at the Sewanee sprinters workouts.  Sheesh.... they did intervals on the track just once this week - 6 x 300.   I was doing workouts like that 3 to 4x a week.    Probably why I smoked them all in last year's TSU Boston Moon Invite

My weight is better, 144.0 on Sat. morning.  Proves that diet is far more important than exercise in maintaining a healthy weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment