Sunday, May 31, 2020

Puma: Now that is customer service!

Have a little time on my hands, so...

On a lark, I looked up the Puma company CEO's email. Bjørn Gulden has been Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PUMA since July 2013.  I sent him this email:

With the fading effect of the Usain Bolt era, Puma is using basically the same design sprint shoe from 10 years ago. The plate is the same but the upper is different. The new knit upper isn’t what sprinters like, knit fabric just doesn't lock down tight, the way other synthetics do. If you have a track and field product development department, please forward. The best sprint shoe Puma ever developed was the Puma Bolt evoSPEED Sprint LTD - with the golf ball style dimple outer. All sprinters loved this shoe, it is lighter, tighter, and more aerodynamic than the present shoe. I would hope Puma could return to this style. it worked for Usain Bolt. This was your best sprint shoe. I believe it came out in 2013.  


Shockingly, Mr. Gulden, CEO of Puma, responded almost immediately from Norway:

Thx William We have new uppers and new plates in development for Tokyo. I will give you input to the team. I am sure they will contact you!
Thx for contacting me! BG

This isn't the first time I've ever written to a company CEO, but I think it is the first time I ever received a personal response. 

How about that?

I actually don't mind the old style plate that Puma uses, since I can use my risers with it... which now are obsolete in the Nike and Adidas world.   I have enough of these old style Pumas to last me the rest of my Masters career, I'm fairly certain.  But, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.  I seriously doubt I will hear from Puma's development team, but... you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment