Friday, May 22, 2020

same workout and the new old bike

Was back at the track on Thurs for turf workout.  Delightful weather, low 60ºs and fair.  Rabbits and birds around, no people.  I  stayed on the grass for the same maintenance extensive tempo workout as before. 10x100m w/ 30 sec rest.

Also got the bike back today with it's new gearing and did the Roark's Cove Rd climb tonight.  I purchased my first bicycle helmet also.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
10 x 100m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~16-17 
This is a good compact workout.  Takes less than 8 minutes to complete and it's plenty hard.  I don't get the real lactic swell that I get with long sprint repeats, but I usually push myself hard on the last one and it's fully exhausting, straight line, and low impact.   A good sweaty workout.

Bike
I got the bike back with the new climbing gears and went up Roarks Cove Rd today.  It's always hard but with this gearing, I can do it without stopping to rest.  I was hoping for a 52/42/30T crank, but I got a 50/39/30T and with the 34T granny gear in the back, it's all I need.  My flat sprint speed is not going to be as fast with 50/13T, but I train on hills more than flat.  I picked up some accessories on line and at the shop: helmet, bike computer/speedometer, and lights.  For everything, about $300.  The bike is a decent vintage chromolly steel, 23 lbs... a little heavy by modern road bike standards, but not bad.  A good trainer.  You have to spends thousands $$$$ to get a bike under 18 lbs these days.

144.9 lbs after today's hill climb.

Meet
The meet in Marietta, GA is on for June 6, but I don't think I want to go for it, unless I'm feeling really good by then. Too soon.  It won't be as meaningful as racing at M60 in July.


Stadium flower

No comments:

Post a Comment