Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Beginning again

A nasty day at the Sewanee track, 47º and light drizzle, fog, dark, dank.  This would be just a rust buster, nothing serious, but I did what I set out to do.  Foundation workouts, my least favorite, are beginning.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
200m strider 
2 x 800m  - 2:38, 2:49
The first 800m hurt as I pushed it a bit.  The second one I just ran easy, wasn't too bad, but I needed full rest in between them.

In the past 4 weeks, I've been on the stairmaster, like last night, doing 20min; been on the bike including 2 ascents of Roark's Cove Rd., and some weights.  It's been a decent rest. Have gained 5 lbs, and I'm lingering around 146-148, actually down a few from my peak.  The metatarsalgia on my left foot is almost gone and the arthritis on my right is better, but not gone.

I hope to ramp it up and cross train a bit more before going back to a 3 to 4 day a week regime.  Probably be back out on Sat.  Colder weather is coming later this week, Sat. should be sunny in the low 40ºs.

It's been a crazy never ending season.  Outdoor Nationals - 15 weeks -  then World meet - 15 weeks, then Indoor Nationals - 4 weeks then Indoor Worlds.  I really wish the Perth meet was a month or 2 earlier.  It would have given me more rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment