Thursday, June 9, 2016

long sprint speed in spikes

My 4th day in row out, and as usual, the weather was perfect, 68º at sunset in Sewanee.  Hard to believe it's supposed to be 90º the next 4 days, since it was 54º this morning.  I hope it doesn't get that hot.  I'm definitely not used to it.

Saucony trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 50m striders 
Puma spikes on 
2 x 40 from blocks 
300m - 40.5  (26.2, 14.3) 
200m - 26 
400m - 58.3 (28.5, 29.8)
All sprints were from blocks on the 400m start lane 5.  I noticed in the 200m, I was carrying to much tension in my face and upper body, so I ran the 400m without complete recovery and a little relaxed, about 85% on the first 200m.  After the 300 event run, I was going to do a 4x200m tempo workout, but I decided I needed more speed and form work.

After the 400m, it was almost dark and cooler...  it was real hard because my heart rate was still close to 130 when I started.   I thought to myself, "do I really want to run a 400 in 95º heat on Saturday?"   I hope it doesn't hurt so much that it breaks my psyche and leaves me gunshy... I'm definitely not in peak shape and not climatized.  But, I'm relatively healthy considering an active week, and not much in the way of aches and pains.  143.1 lbs after workout.

A few funny things at the track today... just as I was preparing to park in my usual place behind the bleachers near the start, I saw a pair of skunks milling around, then decided to park elsewhere.   I saw my music college, Cesar the conductor, doing his 'workout'... which consisted of walking around the track twice, flexing his elbow on his conducting arm.   Helluva a workout.  I'm probably old enough to be his dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment