Tuesday, June 21, 2016

endurance and strength

Back in Sewanee today, seems much more humid than Atlanta.  Have been really surprised at how cool Atlanta has been at night the past few nights... 59º and 63º.   Good sleeping weather.   Too bad I'm not sleeping very regularly.  Last night went to bed at 2am, woke up at 4am.  Back to quasi sleep around 8:30ish for an hour then a short nap in the afternoon.

Did a mixed workout today... an endurance run and some hill sprints.

Saucony trainers on 
250m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:27  (70, 77) 
4 x 100m hill sprints w/ 90 sec rest - 17,18, 18, 19 
4 x 100m hill sprints - 17, 17, 17, 18
Hill sprints were done with much more effort and faster than the 200m hills.   The 800m was a pretty strong effort as well.   I think I'll go back out tomorrow and Thurs. for brief workouts.  I'm considering this Sat.-Sun. meet a training run.  Normally, I would taper more for a competitive meet but... I feel like I'm not quite there yet.  Never seems like I have enough foundation, enough speed, strength, or am ever light enough.

A constant struggle.  Thinking I should get back to the weights in addition to the hill sprints.

143.5 after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment