Thursday, June 2, 2016

Brief speed w/ the ladies

Hot and very humid at the Dean Hayes track on Thursday morning.  I got out there and warmed up, and noticed coach Keith and three 800m women starting a set of 200s.  I watched them run one, Keith said they were going in about 27 ... sounded fine, not too fast.  I asked him if I could jump in and he said sure.

They were doing 6 and I planned on doing 4 or so.

I asked the ladies if I could join in and they said, 'ok, take lane 2.'   To make a point, they blasted the next one, the leader running it in 25 flat.  Me, in my Hoka trainers and them, in racing spikes, I managed to stay in the pack in 26.2.  The next one we ran slower, about 27 and I was pretty toasted.   Wasn't used to working out in the morning and dealing with the intense heat and humidity.   So, I skipped one, and ran the last one with them.  As we lined up, Abike from Nigeria said something like, "you're a man, lets see what you've got."  To make a point, I ran it at near full effort, finished in front in 26 flat.  I guess we're all competitive, that's why we do it.   They ran 6, I only could muster 3 at that effort.  If I had my spikes, I probably could have done one more.  But, it was a good workout.  I needed to run fast.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 200m - 26.2, 27, 26
These ladies will be racing the 800m at the Music City Distance Carnival, the area's biggest pro track meet at MTSU.  I've made arrangements to get out of a school obligation to see the pro 800m race with MTSU Kenyan sensation E. Rutto and Olympian, Duane Solomon.  Should be great.

MTSU Lady Raiders - representing Uganda, Ghana, and Nigeria...




2 comments:

  1. You will also need a couple of long nails to nail down the tent to the ground. You can use wood chips or tacks but don't forget to drill the holes for the screws. This way you can be assured that you will be able to secure the tent firmly into place. Click here to get more information about coronavirus tents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't want your family to suffer because you are unable to provide them with a warm and comfortable shelter that they need. You are curious to know more about tents buying guide, head over to the website.


    ReplyDelete