Thursday, June 23, 2016

event runs

Warm evening, about 84º when I arrived at the Sewanee track.  I brought out the blocks but did not put the spikes on today to protect my feet and ankles.

4th day in a row on the track, so I did just two fast long sprints.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 60m striders 
350m - 48 (13, 13, 14.5, 7.5) 
250m - 33  
5 block starts
I ran the 350m in lane 6 from the 400m start.  I hit my 200m split right at 26 but was slightly off my goal of 40 flat at the 300m mark.  Still not bad for running in trainers.   The 250m I ran from mid straight to mid straight, thinking I needed work on my turn running.

Did a few starts and made a valuable adjustment.

Overall a good brief powerful workout.

Didn't sleep well again last night so I'm going to bed and going to the track in the morning to just do a warmup.  I'm not used to going to the track in the mornings, and I need to get used to it since I race in the mornings.

Light... 141.2 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment