Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Back to the oval office

Another perfect day in paradise in Sewanee.  Late afternoon, 70º, fair skies, no wind.

Back after my biggest amount of time off this yr, 9 days of no track.   Still feel some of the same aches and pains but much improved.  I did a pretty solid foundation workout.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 800m - 2:35, 2:43 
2 x 400m - 63, 60.5
I took fairly generous rest between the first 3 intervals, about 10-15 min.  I was about to quit after the first 400m when Eric showed up to do a fast 4x400m workout.  This guy is a talented sub 2 min 800m guy, just a 19 yr old college freshman, he was training in spikes.   I talked to his dad while he turned out 3 consecutive 400s in about 60 flat with a 5 min jog rest in between.   I joined him on his last one, which he ran in 59, me in 60.   I took full recovery between 400s, at least 20min.  It was hard, but it didn't kill me.

With this taste of pain, right at the very beginning of what will be an 8 week cycle, I wonder if I have still have the stomach for this.  I just have to keep reminding myself of how good it feels to get it done and return to my house in the trees.

I'm going to do hill repeats next, probably Thursday, and back on the track Friday.

144.5 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment