Saturday, July 25, 2015

USATF Masters Nationals - 200m prelims

A solid race today in the M55 200m prelims ... 24.61
#2 World Rank 

I found myself in a battle with Herb M., (son and namesake of one of the greatest Jamaican Olympians ever).  I didn't think that guy was so fast.  To my surprise, he made up the stagger on me quickly, despite one of my best starts ever, and I found myself in a dogfight all the way down the stretch.  Having to fight him off forced me to give full effort and I came within .02 of a PR.

Race video

Alan left early, and Don who is #1 in the world will likely win tomorrow.  He posted the fastest qualifying time, I was second, then Herb and Rudy.   I'm hoping I'll get in for a medal, and not get hurt.  Don looks unbeatable, having posted times in the low 24's.   I'd be happy to run the same time tomorrow as I did today.  

Overall, it's been a good meet, no matter how this 200m final pans out.

200m prelim - 24.61









No comments:

Post a Comment