Tuesday, June 3, 2014

short speed

This is the type of workout I should be doing more of at this point of the season.  Felt good afterward, not ass-whipped like these volume workouts I had been doing (like... miles,  800s at 2:20 something, and then some).  I am a sprinter after all.  I've decided not to run the 800m at the Music City Distance meet.   I think I may show up at an all-comers hand timed meet on Thursday night and run at least a 200m.   I will be running my first 100m since Sept. in 11 days.  

Warm and humid at the Dean Hayes track tonight at 8 pm, about 80º.
400m warmup, stretches, drills  
Saucony spikes on 
4 x 200m - 28, 27, 26.5, 26 
100m from blocks - 12.8 
3 x 50m from blocks
Considering the festivities, food and drink this weekend, still pretty light, 141.6 lbs. after workout.

Actually still recovering from hosting the guitar festival.   Enjoyed performing with colleagues tonight on stage.  


No comments:

Post a Comment