Saturday, June 7, 2014

300s

Sewanee is a 'ghost ship' this time of year.  Like the town, the track was serene and very quiet.  74º and humid with an approaching storm.   Always train alone but today seemed more alone than normal because of the utter quietude.

I didn't realize how sore I was from Thursday's race until I started stretching.  It was mostly in adductors and hams.  I started my workout slowly and increased the speed with each rep.
500m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
4 x 300m - 44.5, 43.5, 43, 41.5
I ran the first 3 from the 400m start (curve-straight-curve) except the last one (straight-curve-straight).   All felt good and I left without being totally ass whipped.

I'm thinking I'll go out tomorrow night (Sun) and then do Tues and Thurs next week so I'll take Friday off before the meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment