Friday, June 20, 2014

relaxed 200s, 300

Thursday was busy but I got to get to the track to 'lubricate the creaky old machinery.'   At this point in the season, I feel all sorts of aches and pains just doing a warmup jog, but by the end of warmups, and after the first run, it feels a lot better.   They left the shed open so I was able to get some blocks out to practice with.  Started the 200s easy.  Everything at a relaxed pace.   It was warm at the Dean Hayes track so I got a good sweat.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
saucony spikes on 
3 x 200m - 29, 28, 27 
300m - 44 
starts from blocks
I adjusted my start a bit, bringing my tail up a bit.  Seems to give me a better disposition in my first few steps.

First race tomorrow is the 400m.   Probably about 10am.   Then a break and the 100m at about 5:30pm.  Should be warm.   I've been lucky this season and have not raced in any real hot meets.  Nothing above 85º.  The next 2 weekends, especially Birmingham, will be an exception.  I already have the 400m record of 56.09 (from 2011), so I'd have to bring my A game if I want to break it.  I've only run faster twice this season.   Including indoor, this will be my 15th 400m race of the season, but only my third 100m.

No comments:

Post a Comment