Tuesday, June 10, 2014

not good

Not a good day at the track.   Felt sluggish and strained quads.    I really feel it only when accelerating to near full speed, even with the thighs wrapped.  I really felt it on 2 of my starts.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
2 x 200m - 28.5, 27.5 
4 x block starts on the curve 
4 x blocks starts on the straight 
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
400m strider - 63
I did the 400m after taking my spikes off just to feel like I had done something.

The strains, actually both quads, are not debilitating, but I really need to take it easy and no more full speed running til the meet on Sat.   Disappointed in today's workout.  Quads are sore.  Never fully recovered from the Thurs. meet I guess.

I guess I'm still in pretty decent shape,  141 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment