Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sewanee Saturday Sunset 600s











Sore in the glutes from yesterday's squats and still sore in the calves and quads from Wednesday's stairs, but hit the Sewanee track this beautiful evening.  About 70ยบ with a fairly constant breeze.

Did a cautious quantity workout then stepped it up slightly at the end.  Didn't want to run anything faster than 16-17 100m pace.... but I did, and it was ok.   I worked with a compression wrap.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 600m - 1:45, 1:53, 1:48 
2 x 200m - 30, 28
Basically did the 600s as an easy 400m (70-75) then a harder last 150m.  Wanted to practice the 'fatigued form' and the first 450m put me there.

Since I rested 5, then 10 min between, I had enough left to do some 200m striders for form.   The last one I pushed a bit and it was ok.

I should be good to race at Sewanee next Friday night, not sure about the 200m.   Probably shouldn't.  Not ready for a peak performance anyway.

A little heavier,  estimate about 143 after workout.  My scale went crazy, the other is cheap and inaccurate, so I sprung for a mechanical beam scale, should be here in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment