Thursday, April 3, 2014

Light workout

I am surprised at how sore I was from Tuesday's speed workout so I kept it really light today.  Better to do less than too much.  Some 400m race pace 200s and starts. Cold is still there but better.   Should be ok by Sat for the 400/200 double at Centre College.

Was a nice spring day at the Dean Hayes track, mostly cloudy, 70º and a stiff south breeze.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
80m strider 
200m - 26.5 
several starts from the 400m start line 
200m from blocks with start beep - 26 
more starts
The 200s felt pretty easy and they were quite fast because of the wind at my back.   Both about race pace for 400m.   Interestingly, at this pace, I feel very little fatigue until I stop and walk.   There is a major energy system exchange that takes place right around 30 seconds, and I feel it even after I stop running.   Since sometimes the second rep feels easier, I wonder if I'm not warming up enough before my 400m races.  Intuitively, I try to save my energy.

I'm light, eating hearty and I still weight exactly 140.0 lbs after workout.

Not one of my best starts but I do get up to full speed fairly quickly.  Cell phone vid.








1 comment:

  1. Am I seeing things or do you 'settle' just slightly before 'the push'??

    ReplyDelete