Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Back on track

On an amazingly awesome April fools day.  68º and bright sunshine with a breeze at the Sewanee Coughlan track this morning.   I still had congestion and a runny nose but felt a lot better.   I was still ...still a little sore in the haunches from Friday's 200m.  I think I've been perpetually a little sore since Nationals... racing every weekend.   Next Sat., will be 4th in a row.

I think I'm actually going to miss the cool dank weather.   It is less painful to run grueling workouts in the cold than in the heat.   Even as it approached just the upper 60sº, I could see waves of heat reflecting off that terrible new artificial turf on the Sewanee football field.   No shade and it seemed warmer.

Today, I ran long sprints with even splits at 90% effort... and plenty of recovery in between.
400m warmup, stretches drills 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 400m - 59 (29.5/29.5), 59.5 (29.5/30), 60.5 (30/30.5) 
200m - 27

It was a good one, the second 400m felt easier than the first.  I wasn't killing myself either, my pulse was only in the mid 140s after the 400s.  The 200m wasted me.

One more workout on Thursday then off to KY again.

The only shade there was...


No comments:

Post a Comment