Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Rehab / prehab for hamstring

I still think I could race in 10 days but it'll take a week to determine.  I'd really like to race under the lights at Sewanee on Friday night the 4/18.  If I do, probably just stick with the 400m. 

It still is a little tender to the touch, it hurts a little to sit on the toilet.  However, I jogged from the parking lot to work today and it felt fine. Really only a 'grade 1' strain.  No sign yet of trauma or black and blue.

As I read in an article on hamstring recovery by masters sprinter/physician Dr. Alan T., running stairs are a good first outing, so, that's what I'm planning tomorrow.   I should know in a week if I can race.

The 'mini-vacation' from training... just 3 days, I managed to eat pies, cereal, bread...which I normally don't eat during competition season.   Just noticed a few lbs heavier.

Here's my plan for the next 10 days:

Wed. - stadium stairs
Thurs. - track (800s)
Sat. - track (600s)
Sun. - resistance / prehab
Mon. - track (500s)
Tues - resistance / prehab
Wed. - track (300s / event runs)
Thurs. - track (warmup / starts)
Fri. - race??
 

All the while, doing hot tub, stretching and foam roller massage.

We'll see.  Between this and the cold, it's not been trhe best season for a peak performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment