Monday, April 14, 2014

500s

A quiet, gray and windy afternoon on the Sewanee Coughlan track.  About 60º and windy.   As events are shaping up, I maybe ending my college track season on Friday, so I did a good workout today.   More about the schedule later.

I ran 500s with pretty much full recovery in between (15-20min), and it was the fastest set of 4x500s I've done.   I wanted to keep a consistent speed, and really work the last 150m   I hit the 400 in about 62-64 and tried to keep the last 100m under 16, which was a lot of effort.   I ran the 400m slow enough to have enough to run tall in the last 100m.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
4 x 500m - 77.5, 80.5, 80, 79   (79.25 avg) 
200m - 28.5
Felt ok.   Was hard but not sickening.  Did some kettle bell throws too, good for my ham.   Ham is ok, maybe not 100% but surely on it's way.   Probably would have run more if my ankle didn't hurt ... seeing how this might be my last race for a while.

Schedule
I had planned to race in Louisville on 4/26... but now they changed the registration to require unattached to get permission for entry.   Looks like a lot of collegiate unattached are trying to qualify for regionals and they may limit the unattached... which probably means slow guys like me.

The other meet in Louisville on 5/16 also requires permission for unattached... and looking at last yrs results, probably out of my league.   Last yr, only a few over 53 in the 400 (54.00 was slowest) and no one over 24 in the 200m.   So that meet is probably out too.

The only other possibility is to race at Purdue in IN on 5/03.   That would mean a trip to Roya's (3 hrs) and then an additional 2 1/2 hrs to IN the next day.  I've driven further for meets.   I once crazily drove 5 hrs to race at an indoor meet in IN.

Anyway.  Still have those masters meets in June.   Also, I said I wouldn't enter the Masters Nationals outdoor this yr, but... who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment