Saturday, December 28, 2013

tempo 300s

I was pleased to see relatively warm weather today in NY.   I think it got up to about 43º today in bright sunshine, it felt much warmer.  I hit my HS track at Susquehanna Valley in Conklin, NY.  The only times previously I had seen this track, it was snow covered.   It's really a nice 6 lane track.  Well lined, decent surface.  It was only partially snow covered in small spots, the sunny spots were completely clear.  It felt so warm that I was completely comfortable in my shorts and sleeveless net T.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on
7 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 48, 49, 50, 52, 54, 57, 54 
200m - 28
Probably should have skipped the last 200m.   I felt OK, with the usual slight hip pain, but in the last 200, I felt pain in my right calf and ankle.   Probably nothing.

It was weird being back at my old HS.  I remember running on cinders and half inch spikes on this track back in the last days of running yards instead of meters.  After quitting HS wrestling, I never really worked hard again as an athlete in HS.  I could run 10.2 100 yds / 11.1 100m on natural ability, and never really worked at it.   I could have never imagined that I'd be doing interval workouts here at my age... especially after my history here - skipping indoor track practice to do bongs with Page.  Happy to have grown into athletics post 50, never thought it would be sprinting, no less sprinting 400s.

Definitely overweight, about 145 lbs after workout.   Don't have very high expectations for my next meet a week from tomorrow.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment