Thursday, December 12, 2013

Feel like I've never run

After just 4 days off, I returned today to the track for a brief workout.  I did a short speed endurance workout and it felt really hard, like I've never run before.  I felt it in my hams.   Somehow, I feel like I've lost something, like it was harder than it should have been.

Looks like a long road back if I'll ever run fast.  I need more quantity but I don't think foundation work like 800s, just the usual tempo and speed endurance, then strength and speed.  Hard time of year to work since it's been cold.

35º and bright sunshine at mid afternoon on the Sewanee track.   The hip issue is almost gone, probably should have given it another day.  We'll see what it fees like tomorrow.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
500m - 81 
400m - 66 
300m - 47

The times on the 400 and 300 were slow for a speed workout but I didn't take full rest.   

I may wait til Sunday before I go out again.   Have a busy Saturday.  

1 comment:

  1. so silly....everyone is slower in the cold..air density is higher, track is stiffer, less rebound..chill..

    ReplyDelete