Saturday, December 7, 2013

Rigged up, bad

Kinda didn't feel it today.   Bad meet overall.

One of my worst 400s ever.   I was in the outside lane and when everyone passed me, I kept my pace too high.   By the break at 250m, I was nearly toast.   My first 200m was probably faster than my actual 200m race, which was pretty slow too.   I rigged up hard with 50 to go, barely moving when I crossed the line.  Choked.  Bummed.


Ok, reluctantly, I admit to the embarrassing times:   58.94  - 400m /  26.04 - 200m
A similar start to my indoor season in 2012  ... but that year I won Nationals so... I guess I have no where to go but up.  Amazing how it's actually harder and more taxing to run a slower time when going out too fast.  I've run faster in practice with much less effort.  I barely had anything left for the 200m.  It was hard.  I lagged a bit at the end of the 200m.

Hip / upper ham is sore.   No serious issues.

Photo:  checking in for the 400m....  one of the guys said he thought I was about 37.  I could almost have a son that age.








1 comment:

  1. Diet for the past 2 days:
    Wed:
    tea + raw sugar, 1/2 c. yogurt with nuts and raisins, 4 figs, 1 head lettuce, 1 zucchini, large can tuna
    Thurs.:
    tea + raw sugar, protein shake, 4 figs, 1 head lettuce, 1 can fish, cappuccino

    No wonder you rigged...

    ReplyDelete