Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hills

Four inches of snow fell last night in Conklin, NY at my brother's house.   I went to my high school track at SV with shovel and broom ready to clear the track, but ... with a number of people at the school, I declined.   Probably would have been easy to use the leaf blower to clear a lane but I didn't think of that til later.   Last year, I did it on Christmas morning when there was no one there, but today, I didn't want to answer to anyone... so I hit the road.

With just a small strip of road snow free, I ran along route 7 to Carlin Rd., a serious hill ... a back road with little traffic.  The steep part of the hill is about 600m long, as steep as any road I've run.
1.5 mile run to hill 
3 x 600m hill sprints, walk down 
1.5 mile run back
The first run up the hill, I underestimated the task and I bailed 40m from the end, trying to run up as if I were sprinting a 400.   The others I reserved full effort for the last 100m.

It hurt.

Can't tell how steep the road is from a picture, but what a 'training facility'.




No comments:

Post a Comment