Tuesday, December 3, 2013

heavy and slow

Warmer weather today.   Good day for a workout ... 58º on the Dean Hayes track late morning.  I wish I felt better.... today I felt slow, sluggish, and sore from yesterday's plyos ... not to mention the 3 bulging fluid blisters on my ankle from yesterday's burn.  2 of 'em broke.  Fortunately, above the shoe and not real painful to run with.

All my soreness and issues seem to be concentrated on my right side... back side hip issue, sore upper thigh and the ankle burn and soreness.   Same side calf that got real sore from stairs last week.  

This was a tempo endurance / 300m event run day.   I tried to concentrate my efforts on the last 100m and take the first 200m easy... 29-30.   Goal of 14 for the last 100m, 44 over all.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
4 x 300 - 43.5, 44, 44, 44.5
Looks like I gained weight over the holiday weekend.   Last night when I got home, I weighed a staggering 146.4.   After workout and toilet... a more reasonable 142.6.   I still think I could be race weight by Sat.

Tonight is Vandy's first indoor meet which I wasn't able to get into.  Still no word from coach Hayes.

A look at my burnt foot.

She got me

No comments:

Post a Comment